Final Conference - Demographic Change in Europe
When: 3rd September 2012
Where: State Chancellery of the State of Brandenburg, Brandenburg-Hall, Heinrich-Mann-Allee 107, House 12, 14473 Potsdam
Here you can download the notes of the final conference and the leaflet.
9:00 - Registration & Coffee
10:00 - Matthias Platzeck
Prime Minister of the State of Brandenburg
10:15 - Kerstin Westphal (Speech)
Member of the European Parliament and Rapporteur on demographic change and its consequences for the future cohesion policy of the European Union
10:45 - Tillmann Stenger
Member of Board of the Investitionsbank des Landes Brandenburg
Prof. Dr. Klaus Hurrelmann, Faculty for Public Health and Education, Hertie School of Governance Berlin
11:40 - Session I: „Attractive regions inspite of declining and ageing – results of the DART-project“
- "Lessons learned – political recommendations from the DART project partners"
Risto Poutiainen, Regional Council of North Karelia, Finland
- "Strategies, concepts and solutions – best practices from twelve European regions"
Maja Ročak, University of applied sciences Zuyd, Maastricht, Netherlands
Fragen & Antworten
12:20 - Lunch
13:30 - Session II: „Demographic change from an international perspective“
- "Public services in sparsely populated regions – a Canadian example"
Prof. Termote, Region of Quebec, Canada
- "Opportunities and limitations of governmental family policy – Chinese experiences"
Wang Qian, Director of the Department of Migrant Population Services and Management in the National Population and Family Planning Commission of the Peoples Republic of China
Questions & Answers
14:30 - Coffee Break
15:00 - Session III: „Demographic change in the context of national and European cohesion policy“
- "Demography strategy and action plan of the Federal Republic of Germany"
Undersecretary Dr. Jörg Bentmann, Head of Department in the Federal Ministry of Interior
- "European exchange of experiences and perspectives for the upcoming funding period beginning in 2014"
Thorsten Kohlisch, Head of the INTERREG IVC-Secretariat Lille, France
Questions & Answers
15:40 - Conclusion: "The organisation of demographic change needs creativity, commitment and reliability"
Secretary of State of Brandenburg Tina Fischer, Plenipotentiary of the State of Brandenburg to the Federal Republic of Germany
16:00 - End of conference